pulpit in Uppsala cathedral is a gift from the Queen Dowager Hedvig
Eleonora, following the great Uppsala fire of 1702. It was made by Burchard Precht after drawings of Nicodemus Tessin
the younger, and consecrated in 1710.
large picture represents St. John the Baptist preaching in the
On the front, the apostle St. Paul preaching in Athens.
On the left side, an illustration of Jesus´ parable of the laborers
in the vineyard, with the implication that it is never too late to
listen to the call of God.
On the roof, the apostle St. Paul carried by angels, and in the
foreground, the queen's insignia.
pulpit is the largest in Sweden and is used at high mass on Sundays.